Thursday, January 15, 2015

Week 1 EOC: Best and Worst Jobs

Throughout my life I have had the opportunity to work with amazing organizations and with really great people. I have gained so much from all of the jobs that I have worked for. One of the best jobs that I have had was when I volunteered for St. Peter Catholic Church (at their yearly festival in 2013). I had an amazing job because I had the opportunity to work with some very amazing people who enjoy the music industry. They are people who are also creative like me and I had the opportunity to dance with them and participate in the event. We were in charge of the entertainment aspect of the festival. We had to come up with a few dance routines, as well as to sing in the choir. What I really enjoyed about this job was the fact that I was very busy getting ready for the event, and at the days of the event I was busy as well. A few weeks prior to the event we had to meet with the choreographers and the music instructors to come up with dances and songs for the event; it was a great experience. In the days of the event I also helped out in the food stands; it was a great opportunity to meet new people and talk to them. I had the opportunity to do two different jobs in that festival; work for the consumers and also help entertain them. It was by far one of the best experiences. On the other hand, I’ve had jobs in which I would never like to experience again. As a professional I feel that it is very important to work with others and be a team player. While in school, I had to be a team player when it came to working with others. One day we were assigned a team project and we were also assigned a team; unfortunately I got assigned into a team that did not like to work together (they were not team players). They were people who were very disorganized and we had no communication throughout the project.  We had to develop a group project and present it in front of the class. When it came for team discussion, everyone would take their own path, there was no communication. Some people were in certain areas of the building such as the library and others in the lab or in different rooms. Since there was no communication within the team I had to come up with my own ideas and present my own project. This was honestly one of the worst jobs that I have ever had and I hope I do not have to experience something like this every again.

No comments:

Post a Comment